PROTECT OUR MILITARY & VETERANS
“As the daughter and stepdaughter of veterans, I have personally seen what it means to serve our Country. Precinct 3 is home to Joint Base San Antonio, Camp Bullis, and Camp Stanley. We must protect their missions and the billions of dollars of economic impact their presence brings the County.”
TRISH’S MILITARY AGENDA
- We will work to protect our military missions and the economic investment they provide to our region. As Bexar County grows, we cannot threaten the training and force readiness of the military and their civilian functions. The State, County, and City must work together to ensure the protection of the military and their personnel. This includes smart development patterns, communication, and infrastructure partnerships wherever possible.
- As the military mission grows, we need to expand our economic development to fit their needs. For example, our biomedical industry has much potential and presents crucial partnerships with our military components.
- I will work to pursue any and all active duty/veteran tax exemptions. This includes Veterans homestead exemptions, increasing the disability exemptions for our wounded warriors and tax relief for Gold Star families.
- We should enhance the Bexar County Military & Veterans Service Center to keep military personnel in San Antonio when they separate or retire from service. It will be critical to partner with our local employers to offer training and job incentives for hiring veterans.
- I will lead a specialized focus for employment opportunities for military spouses. With military spouse unemployment over 24%, we have an opportunity to affect military family’s lives with secondary employment and income.
- We must fight for every mission and growth opportunity for our military components. I will lead the charge to bring as many military-related functions to Bexar County as possible. We are Military City USA and our actions should reflect that at the County.
Ask a question or let us know how you want to help out. We thank you for your support.
Trish DeBerry Campaign
PO BOX 12922
San Antonio, TX 78212