GROWTH AND JOB OPPORTUNITY
“I have over 25 years of experience starting and running two successful and thriving businesses. I know what a business needs to grow and to produce jobs and opportunity for residents.”
TRISH’S ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AGENDA
- Businesses are over-regulated with too many fees and taxes. If we want small businesses to grow and create jobs, we must limit the burden of restrictions on how they run their businesses.
- To bring new businesses to Bexar County, and to help existing businesses expand, we must offer incentives. However, I will ensure any incentives offered are tied to ensuring a clear return on our investment. And we will follow up to ensure businesses follow through on their commitments.
- Our incentives should go to targeted industries that benefit taxpayers and earn our support by being good corporate citizens. I will ensure all incentives are used wisely and strategic in their offering. No corporate giveaways.
- Government has no place telling a business how to compensate their employee benefits. I oppose overriding the Texas Constitution in the form of the City’s Paid Sick Leave Ordinance. Business should be free to make their own decisions on employment and benefits.
- Religious liberty must be defended in Bexar County and at all County facilities. I support a business owner’s right to religious liberty, and we should never deny any business access to any County facility over their faith.
- I oppose the overreach of the City of San Antonio’s Climate Action and Adaptation Plan. This version of Washington DC’s Green New Deal doesn’t belong in Bexar County. It’s a business and job killer. We cannot allow for overregulation of our energy-producing resources.
Ask a question or let us know how you want to help out. We thank you for your support.
Trish DeBerry Campaign
PO BOX 12922
San Antonio, TX 78212